various

On  Mon, 19 Feb 2001 10:35:06 -0500
 "Brian Cady" wrote:

> This reminds me of an article I was reading yesterday about how kids now
> only buy records that have a "Parental Advisory" label.  Perhaps The Who
> could use the material they worked up on the road into songs that would
> appeal to this market:
>
> The New Who Album!
> featuring the hits
> "Bring On The Fucking Flag!"
> "Fuck You! No! Fuck You!"
> "We're Not Fucking Playing The Seeker!"
> "I Haven't Had Sex In Three Weeks"
> and the classic
> "I Want To Fuck You All!"

Oh Brian, this is priceless!!  I wish I could think of a couple of others to
add to it...way too funny.

Kevin in VT wrote:

> I keep thinking back to what Pete told, of how Keith was calling him with
> increasing frequency just before bed, and getting mushy and saying how
much
> he loved him, etc.
> Just sounds like our man was in a whole bunch of pain, and could start to
> see his future.  He obviously didn't like what he saw.
>
> Now I'm bummed.

I always thought the same thing.  I am of the (very small)  school who
actually believes Keith *was* ready to change his ways but was in a panic
that he would lose his audience.  By audience, I don't mean the people who
loved his drumming, but the people who found his behavior amusing, how ever
short a time it might have been.  I don't think Keith realized how trying he
could be, for some reason.  He was like a little child that way.  I have a
theory about Keiths abuses that I haven't seen mentioned anywhere else, if
you all will indulge me for a moment....As the youngest member of the
family, Keith had the most to lose if the family broke up.  In order to
distract the other members of the family from the real problems between
them, his behavior was over the top.  His abuses and excesses kept them busy
for a long time.  If any of you have ever read anything about 'birth order'
personality research, this theory makes sense to an extent.  Comments?

Bjorn IS a sensation! (that's for sure) :-)
I would have really liked to see this!  Perhaps you should have just let
them watch that video of you playing to Baba in the purple tights!!  That
one can't fail to get attention, can it?  You would have made a wonderful
Tommy, I am sure.  It is unfortunate they were so interested in experince
instead of inspiration.  Don't give up!

jacqueline