82 in Oakland

> Well you know the Oakland 10/25/82 indoor show was
> probably the best show of the tour next to the two
> Shea Stadium gigs.

<I missed the WHO boat in '82 but Peter Goddard & Philip Kamin's
<text / photo-history of that tour states that "the music peaked in Cleve-
<land right at the moment the band first walked on."  Whatever that means.

<My older brother got to go to one of those two Cleveland shows.
<All I got was a t-shirt.

<- - SCHRADE in Akron

Alas - I missed the 82 Oakland indoor show, but made the outdoor stadium
show the night before. We camped out all night, my friend forgot his
ticket, had to drive back to San Jose in the middle of the night. We were
at least a mile back in line at midnight the night before the show (further
back when we got back from SAn Jose). Exceptional effort by the fans, but
what I recall was an unexceptional concert. IT was a long time ago, but I
remember the show a couple years earlier being much more exciting. Pete
however, was physically exhilarating - I can recall the band ending
seemingly all songs with a flurry of beats as Pete jumped in unison. The
songs didn't seem to have to punch - I recall hearing Who are you and
thinking how lethargic the song sounded.  I did hear however, that the next
night indoors was electric - and that was partly fueled by Pete smashing
his guitar. Don't know for sure if that actually happenned or not, does it
come through on the boot? I also heard they performed a bit of Athena?
Again - fact or fiction?

Greg