new topic

Ok, since we seem to be low on who news until 3 things happen:
1. the grammy's
2. The ox has further updates on his tour
3. Pete updates us on his new music he is writing.
  I wish to open up a new topic and share.

I have been reading different books i have written by Chris Charlesworth and
Richard Barnes. I know that both of these men know a lot more about the who
than me but everyone says on the who's 82 tour their shows were very good but
they were stale. They say the band was stiff in part b/c there was no more
drinking except for John who still drank red wine, roger and john had fallen
out over the loudness of john's bass and pete knew the who was done. The who
were going through the motions.
This all is true but i listen to the boots and watch the videos and the who
still looked at if they all wanted to be there on stage, including pete. they
played some of the best versions of drowned and long live rock i have ever
seen. Though on the flip side, young mand blues and naked eye were not up to
the best we have heard.
  The two problems i see on the 82 tour was kenney and gorman. Kenney was
too stiff and rigid and was not a wild man, all over the place. it seems to
me as if kenney was stuggling to keep pace with the band. He didnt seem to
set the beat but fill in the gaps instead.
  The other, tim gorman who filled in for rabbit, i dont think he was as
nearly as good as a keyboardist as rabbit. Kenney and gorman, kenny  had to
follow moon so no one would have done well in his shoes. But the both of them
seemed to lag behind and drag the band down.
Pete and roger still ran all over stage, windmilling, jumping and swinging
their microphones so I say it wasnt the three founding members but the two
guys who joined up in 79 and 82 in gorman's case.

scott