Re: tommy movie

In a message dated 12/22/2001 9:55:14 PM Central Standard Time,
TheWho-Digest-Owner@igtc.com writes:

> The movie still makes more sense to me than the album does.
>
> - - SCHRADE in Akron

I'll give ya that one, but the line in 1921, "might be good for me and her,
but you and her, no never!"  clearly implies a confrontation between capt
walker and "the lover."  i take it as capt w killing the lover and that is
what tommy "didn't see, hear, and can't tell about."  the whole pinball scene
when tommy is drawn by his reflection to the junkyard is way too goofy.  they
should be in some bar w/tommy and he wanders over to the machine after
staring in the mirror for a few minutes, then frank comes over and puts a
quarter in the machine to see what's going on- then tommy starts playing.
makes much more sense than that silliness- and sparks can be the backdrop for
tommy playing pinball everywhere, winning money, etc.

kevin mc