RE: Tommy Zak Pete and Rog

>From: "Scott Schrade" <schrade@akrobiz.com>
>Subject: Re: RAH setlist
>
>Actually, I'm looking forward to hearing a live TOMMY with Zak on drums.

Damn!  Took the words right out of my mouth.
Wonder if he'll try the jumping out of his seat and landing on the down
beats, ala Keith on Christmas from IOW?

God I love that.

>From: "L. Bird" <pkeets@hotmail.com>
>Subject: Re: RE : CFNY BOR
>
>>It does take a big man to disregard (if not flat out ignore) this
>>behaviour, especially from someone whom he obviously loves and respects
>>very much. Perhaps he undestands Pete in a way that no one else in this
>>world can. Good for him.
>
>Pete may be suffering from insecurity after all these years, but Roger is a

>pushy SOB.  It's a complex interaction.

I tend not to want to make too big of a deal out of all of this.  I've seen
first hand exactly what the modest Magik is talking about (modest in that he
failed to mention that while all this interaction with Rog was going on at
Boston, he was being broadcast in close up on the video screens!), but don't
see it any differently then friendly competition and needling between
friends.  Granted, Pete is a musical perfectionist, and get's ruffled when
shit get's messed up.  But, intellectual play is a way for a weaker man (in
strength) to combat a stronger one.  Kind of like, if I can't punch your
lights out, I'm gonna get even with you in other ways.  Probably a scenario
engrained in their relationship from waaaaaay back.  Don't be fooled though.
The love is still there.  Look at the Concert for NY (yes Kevin Mc, look at
it again.  You were there, right?) During Rogers' harmonica part, Pete
starts to get into that "making fun" mode, but quickly reverts to "this is
my bro, and we're in front of millions of people.  He needs me.  We're
family after all".  Pete quickly wipes the smirk off of his face, and lends
a hand.  I thought it was really telling.

Stay in tune,
Kevin in VT