Re: Clapton claptrap; AEB's list

From: "Mark R. Leaman" <mleaman@sccoast.net>
"I'm not particularly offended by the jokes, but I can certainly see why
others are. Especially Jeff, who is not only a Clapton fan but has a young
daughter (and a future Rock guitarist on the way)."

I was not offended.  I just did not think either Scott's or Jon's dead
Clapton child jokes were funny at all.

This little episode has made me do a little self-analysis and makes me think
of one of my favorite jokes, which I wrote:

I tell this joke as an impersonation of my dog...
Q:  Why did the cat cross the road?
A:  To get squashed by a car.
Dog laughs uncontrollably.

If you don't think this is funny, let me explain.
It is funny because the dog is an animal with no conscience or morality and
has an unbridled hatred of cats.  She doesn't have to apologize for laughing
at the demise of a member of a species that she hates.  Cruelty is OK by her
moral compass.  It also helps that I don't particularly like cats myself.

Jeff