Thick as a brick Who fans; Kids Are Alright DVD boxed set

> In the grand scheme of things, this is all pretty pointless...

Stoo:

I must agree with you there. Still, there are worse things one could do.

> interested in. However, as of late, the "bitching and whining"
> on this list about the "audiophile camp" is equivalent in volume
> to the re-mixing/mastering complaints of that "camp" themselves.

I will suggest two possible reasons for this:

A) the so-called "audiophile camp" (they aren't always correct in their
assessments due to their methods and limited listening equipment) will bitch
about something that has Astley's name on it, whether it's good bad or ugly.
That's nothing short of stupid. I've seen bitching about the original remix
of LAL, which most think is the absolute best job of the entire program.
I've also been told they shouldn't have remixed at all, because when they
did they changed the original. Wasn't the point superior sound? But
apparently "some" feel it's got to be their way or no way. And that's
bullshit.

B) so far, all the bitching has done is alienate the Trinifold folk,
including Pete Townshend, and has the potential to limit or end any future
releases. As Pete said clearly in his response. Thus the innocent, that's
us, pay the price for the guilty. And again, that's bullshit. And at this
point, I for one am starting to get angry about it. If this pointless
discussion about finding fault with each and every new release doesn't end,
at some point Pete is going to throw his hands in the air and say: "Fuck
these assholes!" And who could blame him? How would you like a group of
extremely vocal misanthropes looking at everything you do under a microscope
and then proclaiming how it's not up to par or how they could have done it
better?
So far, it has had not one single positive effect. So when does that get
revelation get through these folks who are apparently thick as a brick?

> more list-relevant than the origin of rock music or what some
> neighbour said about The 'Oo.

No, I will say that discussions about the origins of Rock music as it
relates to The Who are more relevant, not less. I guess it's OK if you want
to live in a Who void and not to know where the music came from in the first
place and what effect it has had on subsequent music. But I would imagine it
hard then to defend nit-picky notes about rereleases. Yes, mistakes have
been made. But only in a few cases, not in every case as some would have you
believe.

> etc. One would think these are legitimate issues of concern for
> anyone Who-crazy enough to buy all their albums and religiously
> post to a Who mailing list.

True, IF it had a positive effect. So far, it's had only the reverse. And
again, going on to the point of childish insults of someone involved in the
project is questionable to say the least. It's unquestionably unhealthy
social behavior, and begs that the writer seek therapy ASAP. Maybe they are
cries for help?
Whether you enjoy them or not, at LEAST discussing the wider realm of Rock
music cause and effect is an adult conversation. And they call this one the
"kiddie list." How misguided and self-absorbed can they be?

> don't understand the attitude displayed by some of .igtc's frequent
> posters.

Again, I'll suggest a possible reason: many of the O&S people take great
pleasure in dismissing the people on this list as insignificant as often as
possible. I can certainly understand that after a bit of this, the sentiment
is returned...can't you? And it came from that side for a long time before
anyone over here commented, for the record.

> We were doing alright till you broke the spell:-)

John:

No, it's a Bush family trait. It's called habitual lying.

> It's already been brought up and I expect bonus features
> will be included.  This company is the same one that did
> the RAH DVD.  Going by that I think they want/will do the best
> job possible.

Bruce:

I guess I'll have to wait until Christmas morning to see how well they did
on RAH. But if as Dave suggests, they have access to the full shows...it
would certainly be nice to have a deluxe version with an entire 1971 show on
it! Not to mention the `68 stuff. They also use the rest of the German show
about Tommy, it wouldn't be bad to include that.
Hmmm...maybe a TKAA boxed set...

"Gore carried Florida by anywhere
       from 15,000 to 45,000 votes."
              Washington Post