Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V8 #327

Lela, re

> > So the article about Mick's sales was likely another form of age
> > descrimination by critics, who chose a figure pretty much out of the
> > air to indicate Mick's album was doing poorly and that he was no
> > longer marketable.

You read it wrong. The figure is actual sales in the record stores which
report sales data to an company which prepares charts for the BBC and
other organisations.

Nothing to do with critics at all.

> > I gather that Who cds are all selling well since the CFNY, so any
> > new album is likely to generate a little interest with the public.

Read my lips - no new Who album - ever. I guessed this 3 years ago and I
still hold to it today. If I'm wrong I'll be first in the queue:-)

As for sales of Who CD's, I doubt if they are selling much here.

The concert for New York was probably seen by fewer than 250,000 in the
UK so it will have zero impact on the record buying public as a whole.

> > The critics said nice things about  the Who2K tour, and the
> > CFNY. If TED can come up with ANY songs they agree on, it seems like
> > now is the time to release new work.

I wouldn't disagree with you on that, but again, my inspired guess is no
new Who album - ever.

Cheers,

John