Re: New Who; Old lyrics

>To the point of making three demos? Again, I don't see a scrap of evidence
>for your contention, only the reverse.

I haven't heard them.  What does he change, the words, music?

> >   It's so overworked that any freshness or depth seems long gone, and
>there's nothing much left but the bald statement.
>
>I don't agree.

About the freshness?  Or about the depth?  Both?

>Tommy has areas which are vague, but I understood Quad the very first time
>I heard it.

That's because the surface message is very straightforward and
understandable, but did you pick up the fine points of meaning?

> > He's better now than he was in the mid-seventies when he first started
>to learn how it was supposed to be done.
>
>"Sparkle warm crystaline glances to show."
>
>I rest my case.

Tsk, tsk.  That's not how you're supposed to write lyrics!  :)

keets