Re: the unknown element /Quad in NJ

Dave,

>>As Bruce Kawakami will remind us all The Who will
never record any new music, ever. Not gonna happen,
singles and or albums.>>

NEVER record ANY new music EVER?  I think that's a possible overgeneralization...I still think there are possibilities.  I believe Bruce's original statement (from long ago) said, paraphrasing, that the Who will never record a new album, tour and become a full-time touring band again.  Which I fully agree with.  I don't think the new album will really happen either.  But I wouldn't close the door on ANY new music.

By the way, I too am not from the "I don't need no fucking flag" school of thought...I think some lyrics were improvised and were inventive, but don't constitute new songs.

On another note, Quadrophenia is being produced as a musical in New Jersey.  There were auditions but unfortunately I was out of town and couldn't make it.  :-(  Here's the information I received:

Theater Under the Stars of West Orange, NJ is casting for "Quadrophenia." By exclusive arrangement with Eel Pie Publishing Ltd. By Pete Townshend; adapted by Gene G. DeMaio; Leslie Potashner, dir.; Elissa Strell and ShariAnn Quirk, prod'rs. Performs Nov. 2-17.

Jason

http://www.mail2web.com/ .