RE: the unknown element

> So does a old person's attention span contract as time goes on?
> Does their
> patience get shorter?
>
> Jeff

I'd say no the former. Attention span comes from the speed of things you
pour into your head. If you take Days of Silence or watch Noh drama you can
develop a long attention span. If all you watch is Michael Bay movies and
watch Headline News you can get your attention span down to zero.

However, as you get older you do get an "I'm too old to put up with this
crap" attitude. When I think of going to a major league stadium rock show
now there's a "I don't want to go through all that" that wouldn't have been
there when I was 20. I guess that's why you get 19-year olds to fight wars.

You can see a lot of that in Pete now. What are his big personal bothers?
I'd say #1 - the threat of physical pain (in his ears), #2 - travel, #3 -
un- or under appreciated work, #4 - fighting The Who/the fans for his
personal vision. Well he's made a recent try at overcoming 1 & 2 and it
worked out well. Maybe he'll try 3 & 4 next. I wish him well.

        -Brian in Atlanta
         The Who This Month!
        http://members.home.net/cadyb/who.htm
        (and no pop-ups!)