Re: George "My IQ is 91" Bush

I thought this digest was about the Who but I consistently see someone using
it to forward their political agenda.  Quite frankly, I could care less about
musicians' and entertainers' political views and wish that most of them would
play the music and keep their politics to themselves.  While most folks got
into music because they loved it, not until the 70s did artists begin to earn
hugh sums of money and their management did mighty fine too.  And look how
lots of them responded, drug and alcohol abuse, etc. and we were supposed to
think it was cool to be stoned and drunk.  And then there was the excuse that
drugs heightened creativity, pure bullshit.  I was happy as hell when folks
like Eric Clapton, Joe Walsh, and Pete Townsend sobered up, their playing is
better than ever and they are a whole lot more creative.  Folks who are
stoned or drunk don't hold much credibility for me and I could care less
about their politics.

Then there is the comments about the 50s and 60s.  I could write lots about
this, I have been watching political coventions since 1956 (when I was 10
years old - I'm considered an old fart now), have seen the cold war come and
go.  The bottom line is that most most folks are interested in making money
and lots of it, it equates with power.  So don't blame the Republicans,
Democrats, etc. for the economy.  We get the leaders we deserve because we
just plain don't give a damn about much until it hits our wallets.  To those
on this digest who tolerate the political rants, thank you; to the rest keep
it to a minimum and lets get on with being Who fans.  Regards, Ceenie.