> Sally, take my hand
> Travel south cross land
> Put out the fire
> Don't look past my shoulder
> The exodus is here
> The happy ones are near
> Let's get together
> Before we get much older
>
> Here's the other major archetype.  It's every man's vision of leaving
> adolescence with a woman to stand beside him as he goes out in pursuit
> of his dreams.

Also there's a subtle yet effective religious connotation here as well.
The "don't look past my shoulder" line always made me think about
that woman in the Bible who was running from something & was told not
to turn around & look but she did anyway & got turned into a pillar
of salt!  Bible freaks, help me out here.  Who was that lady in the Bible?

And lastly, just the word "exodus" alone conjures up all kinds of Biblical
images.

See the depth?

- SCHRADE in Akron