RE: Power to the people !!!!

>From: "Mark R. Leaman" <mleaman@sccoast.net>
>Subject: The Who Generation
>
>Kevin:
>It's wasn't just the oppressiveness, but the idea that everyone's goal was
>to "conform." Individuality was not incouraged.

Spot on Mark.  I was worried I was simplifying things too much.  Didn't mean
to neglect the racial tensions, the women's rights, and all the other stuff
that was trying to changed back then.  Holy shit.  Who *wouldn't* have
rebelled.  We needed a new direction and fast!

>"leader" plans to legalize 3-4 million
>illegal aliens, making those laws disposable and still you'll go to jail if
>you're caught with a single joint of marijuana.
>And that's what Won't Get Fooled Again is all about.

First off, thanks for the "leader" in quotes.  Our anti-drug laws are
ridiculous.

>This is true enough, but they see only the superficial side of it. Dress in
>tie dye and follow the Dead, man! They don't get it. At all. It's not a
>rebellion, it's a retreat.

Now, I see this as a compliment.  An acknowledgement of the times, but
lacking any substantive thing to rebel against.  BUT, as you clearly pointed
out, there *ARE* *PLENTY* of things that need to be rebelled against!
We're headin' down a dangerous road.  Mark my words, sometime soon things
are gonna blow.

>The problem with this is that now we're ALL
>in the same boat: the environment is becoming dangerous, the US is becoming
>a third world country, the elite is forcing their selfish (and
shortsighted)
>views down our throats. There is no sanity in this, and it should be
fought.

I'll follow ya Mark!  Where's the rally!  When I can get past my defeatism,
I get all fired up!

Kevin in VT
Power to the people!!