Re: Has Pete lost it?

From: thewho rocks <leb905@yahoo.com>
"One of Pete's problem these days is in thinking he has to "write" songs,
and not just let them happen.  He wants to present words instead of
feelings, and so tends to overwork the material.  It may be harder to access
the "channel" he uses as he gets older, but it looked like the same
situation (being on stage in front of a Who audience)produced the same
creative response as in earlier years.  He only needs to frame those
feelings with music and get into the studio."

I'll agree with you, mostly.  What he needs to do is work with his best
collaborators:  Roger and John.  The idea that Pete has to have some perfect
Who songs together before that can happen is the block.  It is a block of
reason, not a block of creativity that is causing the delays.  Creativity
happens when The Who get together.  This is irrefutable.

Why can't they get together with Roger's songs, John's songs (assuming he
has some), a few covers that Pete likes, some old reworked Who or PT songs
and see what happens?  Is Roger's statement that "it is all down to Pete"
the cause of the lack of activity?

Could it be that Pete's writer's block is tied up in his recovery from
alcoholism?  Is he afraid to write without the lubrication that he always
thought necessary to let go of his inhibitions and expose himself?

I have no answers.  I just want to see our guys work together some more.

Jeff