New Who?

>"He's worried about it," said Daltrey. "I keep saying to him, Pete,
stop trying to write Who songs. Just write songs.' That's all he used to do
in the past. When The Who played them, they became Who songs. . . .

Anybody else notice this in Roger's interview?  I think he's right.  Who
material always sounds different when someone else plays it--and some
interpretations are pretty feeble.  Turn John loose on the bass and Rabbit
on the keyboards and Roger on the lyrics, and now Zak on the drums, and it's
out of Pete's control.

keets