Re: This *IS* a social crisis...

> BTW, I love the movie Tommy.
> I think it's great.

Me, too.  But at the same time it's easy to imagine why someone might
hate it.  All that singing!  Those clothes!  Questions like:  If E.C. is God,
then why does God look so fucked up?!

> Has anyone on the list actually seen the production???
> I'd be very interested in hearing a review.

I saw two performances by the touring company, one in Cleveland &
one several months later in Akron.  I enjoyed both but thought the Cleve-
land performance was better cause the "band" playing the music were
outstanding.  They were loud & wonderfully unannoying.  The second
performance, months later, in Akron I could tell immediately used differ-
ent musicians.  It didn't rock like the Cleveland performance.

I thought the visuals were neat.  And it's interesting to watch something
you're so familiar with interpreted in a slightly new way.  It didn't bore me.

Yeah, the ending was different, but so what.  The movie was different.
The Who's live version was different.  It's still TOMMY.  He changes a
bit every now & then, but we still recognize him!  I saw him at Dairy Mart,
just the other day.  Bastard didn't even say "hi" to me.  Just stood there,
staring at a box of Froot Loops....

- SCHRADE in Akron