Re: Roger is Hot ???????

>>One of the great mysteries of Who-ness for me has always been Roger's sex
>>appeal.  Since I don't have the inclination to find men attractive, I've
>>tried to analyze his appeal.  I just did not get it.  He is not physically
>>attractive in a standard way.

>Many chicks (& some guys) dig Pete much more than Rog.  I know girls who
>oooh & aaah over Pete but seem confused or put off by Roger's persona.  Too
>jock-ish? And I know of at least two girls who think both Pete & his nose
>are incredibly sexy.  And then there are the girls who dig Keith.  And
>OX.......well....... anyone dig The OX?  Physically?

Hey, if we could figure out how to bottle and sell sex appeal, we certainly
wouldn't be wasting our time working for a living.  :)

One thing at work here, which I've never seen discussed on the lists, is the
glamour lent by the stage--for example, several people have mentioned they
thought Roger was much taller than he turned out to be face to face.  Plus,
performers tend to be up for a show, and there may also be make-up and
various types of industrial light and magic involved.  Thus, all rock stars
tend to look much bigger and more important because of their occuplations.

Another thing at work is the personalities involved.  This is supposedly
something that attracts women more than men, but still I'd bet the guys on
this list could come up with a pretty good assessment.  All of TED are right
on the verge of ugly, and so are likely to be (as Pete says) discounted
because of their appearance.  Once you see them in action, though, or even
hear them talk, you'd tend to reconsider.  Women are attracted to Pete
because of his very touching lyrics, and once they're captivated, then they
have another look at him physically.  Hey, who'd have thought a nose like
that would be considered sexy?  ;)

I think the sex appeal crosses over.  Remember that LIKE IT IS is currently
one of Roger's top selling movies.  I haven't noticed that Pete has as big a
gay following as Roger, but there does seem to be in interest in his sexual
orientation.  You'd suspect some of the gay men Pete considered role models
back in the sixties might have thought him attractive.  Whatever, they
didn't seem to mind him hanging around.  ;)

keets