RE: MTV Turns 20 - I Want My MTV - WHO Cares?

> I recall Pete said The Who would never have made it in an
> MTV-driven music
> industry--that they were all too ugly.

Yes but don't forget he complained in 1966 about The Who having problems
making it because of their looks. He was talking on A Whole Scene Going
about how quickly The Walker Brothers hit in England because they were so
good looking. It might be true that looks didn't matter all that much during
the classic rock era (1967-1975) but otherwise looks have always been a
factor in pop music.

        -Brian in Atlanta
         The Who This Month!
        http://members.home.net/cadyb/who.htm