Re: Remasters

> > Okay, I'll have to admit that does sound hilarious.  I'm not much of a
>traditional Broadway fan, myself, and it's very possible I wouldn't go.
>
>To me, it's just a bastardization of the music.
>
> > The result remains to be seen, but whatever, I support Pete/TED's
>efforts to think outside the typical rock music box.  There's just not much
>room for creativity in there.
>
>I have no problem with them going into new areas, but not with old
>music...changing the old stuff instead of coming up with new material.
>Rather decadent, and not the kind of decadence I enjoy...

I can see that point, but wouldn't you be irritated if Pete completely
abandoned ED and The Who in favor of Broadway?  He could flit from show to
show, writing great, award-winning songs like Elton John.

In one way this Broadway thing might be bastardization, but in another it's
completely safe, because nothing can ever change the Who version of the
music.  It's there; it's recorded electronically--and also indelibly on the
psyche's of various thousands of Who fans.  The ballet didn't change TOMMY,
the movie didn't, and the Broadway show didn't.  For most fans, it's the
same as it was at Leeds or at Woodstock, right?  New Pete music in the style
of Broadway would alienate fans, but if The Who do it first, then they've
left their stamp on it forever.

Another point here: many people don't care for the hard rock music scene,
strange as that might seem to fans.  I wouldn't want to deprive these people
of a chance to enjoy some version of Pete/The Who.

keets