Re: Ringo Starr Anthology

>Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 19:30:34 +0100
>From: "Martin Bailey" <mobailey@cwcom.net>
>
>I saw a new (?) 3-cd box set in a record shop today: "Ringo Starr
>Anthology".
>
>It includes guest appearances from a number of musicians, including John
>Entwistle and Zak Starkey.  One of the tracks is "Boris the Spider".
>
>Does anyone else know anything more about this?  Please, please, someone
>tell me that Ringo hasn't tried to sing "Boris"!

John played on Ringo's All-Stars tour in 1995 (which featured Zak as
well as Ringo on drums.)  IIRC John sang Boris.  Randy Bachman, Billy
Preston, Felix Cavalieri, and Mark Farner as well as others were on
that incarnation of the All-Stars, but it changes every year.

For a short time, a CD of just the 1995 All-Stars tour was available
only at a particular record chain (Sound Warehouse?  Blockbuster?)

--
Alan
"That's unbelievable, if that's true."