RE: Labels

>That's the key.  I too am nervous about simply releasing a new Who album on
>eelpie.  *That* won't get it on the shelves where it should be to get it
>really moving.  Plus, let's imagine, ok dream ;-) that a new album really
>makes it big.  Wins a Grammy (I know, doesn't mean much.  Oh yeah?).

Not everybody's jumping ship.  Santana went the standard route, and put a
ton of personal work into the effort, too, shoving it down everybody's
throat, trying to get it played.  I notice the record companies seem to be
winning the Internet battle just lately, too, although they remain with the
problem of only having a limited catalog to offer--nothing like the massive
availavility that file-sharing provides.  Eventually the music business
might be back to the same old  status quo.

keets