bitching and Sell Out

me:
> Sometimes it seems that people complain for the sake of complaining.
Isn't
> it cooler to be above the taste of everyone else?  Is that what the mod
> movement was partly about?

Jon Rhein  "No, that's what the ostrich movement was about; burying your
head in the sand and pretending that everything is perfect."

I really must learn to express myself better.  I was thinking about your
exchange over "Who Came First" and this keets note:

"The second has a possible explanation of why THE WHO SELL OUT
rated so high in the Amazon.com sales.  In some quarters, The Who is
apparently back in style right along with tailored seersucker and
pointy-toed shoes.  I'm not sure why they've taken to TWSO rather than MY
GENERATION, but there it is listed on the website as a "must have.""

I had a momentary thought that popularity of TWSO over MG might be due to
the mods tendency to slam middle class popular culture.  The snide superior
air of TWSO seems perfectly suited to this mod attitude.  The fascination
with Motown and other flavors of R&B also suggests that they might find the
melodic quality of TWSO more appealing than the raw MG.  I dunno.  I just
looked back at the site keets referred to and noticed both albums are on
their "must have" list.  Oh well.

I'm just filling space and killing time.

Jeff