Re: Overdubbing

> I can't remember the exact words of the quote, but isn't there an
> interview of Roger in which he criticizes bands who overdub live
> albums (probably making an unnamed dig at The Eagles)? Didn't he say
> something like, "Give me a bum note and a bead of sweat any day"?
> Maybe remixing and overdubbing are two different things. Maybe he was
> younger then. Maybe I dreamed it.

No, Daltrey does deliver the "bum note & a bead of sweat" line in interviews,
however, it's always in the context of giving an energetic live performance, not
in the release of a live album/CD.  I guess there's a bit of a hypocritical overlap
there, huh?  Bum notes are OK while performing, but let's clean 'em up if it's
going to be released.

- SCHRADE in Akron