RE: labels

>Dave  "Eel Pie is legally set up to sell "Pete's" work not The Who's."

>Dave,
>I understand that.  I should have completed my thought.

>Pete has the independent means to distribute his product via Eelpie.  Pete
>is in The Who.  The Who *might* use his experience to build a similar (not
>necessarly identical) outlet for their work.

>Can't we dream?

>Jeff

What  they should do is put the album out on eelpie and then secure a major
label distribution deal.
True, eelpie is for Pete's work...but in this instance it might make sense
for it to serve as the record
label for a who release.
they would have artistic control and the distribution of a major release.
honestly , i think a new who album would sell maybe 100k copies at most.
that's why I think there will be no who album...

just my 2 cents.

kevin