ICE

I just got the new issue of ICE, the April 2001 issue..i could not find the
story on the website but it mentions the 3 remastered soundtracks that were
released(tommy,quad,TKAA) and it mentions LAL. Here is what it said word for
word:

Astley also reveals to ICE that he has been busy readying the who's classic
live at Leeds album for still another definitive collector's version, this
time a 2-CD set with the second disc occupied by the entire 51-minute set of
Tommy performed by the band the same night. "Pete finally gave the go ahead
for it to be released b/c, obviously, the bootleg has it," Astley says. "It
will be the whole concert, we hope, but obviously subject to approval when it
is done."  This fall also marks the 30th anniversary of the LP's release.

There is more that mentions daltrey going remix a few vocal things he is
worried about. He is going in with Astley and his remixing partner Andy
mcpherson but on Tommy daltrey's voice gave way and he sounded tired.

I always thought the band lost their way during Tommy and did sound tire and
lost intensity but I think that can happen with the short songs. Hard for the
who to get jam going during Tommy.

Scott p. not Scott s.
BUY THIS RECORD-Pete, universal amphitheater, California, 1989 tour