RE: Watering Government Mule

>From: "Mark R. Leaman" <mleaman@sccoast.net>
>Subject: Re: Water and somebody's daughter
>
>On Tanglewood? To me, that's where they have it best...the closest to what
>we Who fans might call harmony.

Yeah, I can't remember if the singing is "off" (usually is, as you say), but
it seems clear that they can't take the shouting thing at the end seriously.
Pete kind of shuffles up to the mike to lend weak support, kind of like "I
know I'm supposed to be screaming WATER, is it now?????  This ending sucks,
I wish I had the time to think of something better."  John looks kind of
bored (ok, so what else is new...but....) and is feeding off of Pete's
non-excitement.  And then Keith throws water at Roger, who is the only one
trying to pull this part off, which sends the rest of the band and roadies
into laughter.  Then it's like "ok, lets end this thing with one final
'water' and put it to rest".
Anyway........

>It's much better live

definitely.

>Maybe in context with some element of the Lifehouse story which hasn't been
touched on yet it
>takes on a meaning of some sort.

Hmmmmmmm, someone trying to piss Ray off????  ;-)  "I'm thirsty, where is
that little wench Sally anyway??????"

>Now, if one thinks about it Kevin has quite a good point here. I don't
>imagine too many young ladies respond well to a fellow who claims he
>wouldn't say "No" to somebody's daughter.

Thank you Mark.  That's exactly what I'm getting at.  I don't think Rog is
even comfortable shouting this.  He's got more class than that.  Hey, you
don't get Prime Choice Grade-A "Y steak" (oh my!) by going to Denny's.

>That's not exactly Pete's single most shining line, is it?

Just doesn't seem to fit his or the bands style.  Hey, it's just a HO!

>From: "Brian Cady" <cadyb@home.com>
>Subject: Entwistle on new Gov't Mule album
>a tribute to late band member Allen Woody.

Was Allen Woody the bass player GM toured with last winter (tall, heavy set,
dark hair with a dark mustache, playing a Richenbocker I believe)????  If
so, he sucked.
I saw GM in a small bar last winter here in Burlington, and the bass player
was simply awful.  He stood there kind of spacing out on the crowd, paying
more attention to what *we* were doing, and then blindly played scales.
Scales!!!!!  I kid you not!  My friend and I kept looking at each other and
asking what the fuck this guy was doing.  It was really weak.
I can't say I enjoyed the show at all.  I had to leave after a little over
an hour due to volume, and the sheer "heavy-ness" and blandness of the
music.  My chest hurt, my ears hurt, my head hurt.  Plus the bassist was
bored and boring.

Kevin in VT