RE: Water, water, and more water

>From: "Mark R. Leaman" <mleaman@sccoast.net>
>
>I think Tanglewood, on the 30 Years Of R&B DVD/video, is the "one." If not
>nailed it's the best one I've heard to date.

Now Tanglewood is a perfect example I guess of what I'm thinking.  It's got
blistering flowing jams with out question, although I think I like the more
direct and violent flow of IOW, better but at the end the band clearly isn't
behind the whole "gimme water" shouting thing.  Give me the song.  Give me
the jams, but keep the shouting stuff at the beginning and the end. Plus,
the "or somebody's daughter" line just never seemed to fit Roger's
personality.
He seems like such a *proper* young English lad.

>From: Pilam76@aol.com
>Subject: Re: It wasn't me!!!
>WHO WROTE THE TAKE ME OFF YOUR LIST THEN????? I THOUGHT COOZIO DID.

It *was* Coozio. (gesundheit)

>From: "L. Bird" <pkeets@hotmail.com>
>Subject: RE: WATER!
>
>>> <record at Johns house>
>>I could swear that it wasn't just John who alluded to that.
>Roger, wasn't it?  And then Pete shushed him.

Oh, I think you're on to something!  Was it at the tour press conference?  I
do remember that Roger began talking about the new album, and Pete seemed
agitated.
Who was it that joked that recording at John's place would provide them with
enough space to escape each other if/when needed?
Was that Pete?
Hmmmmm, now I'm thinking it was John.

>From: "L. Bird" <pkeets@hotmail.com>
>Subject: Jess in FLA
>
>Ya know, I didn't think about Jess going to Florida for the shuttle launch.
>I'll bet she was right there to watch it go.

Knowing Jess, she'd get too close and catch fire.

:)

>From: Pilam76@aol.com
>Subject: Re: WATER!
>everytime they play the song they end it a different way..they add
>some kind of twist or vocals dont they??

To me, another way of saying they could never get it right.

>It is a great jam song and just a loose song i think dont you?

Unquestionably a strong song musically.
And, can anyone think of another song where Keith gets more excited????
One of the strongest drum entrances I can think of.

>From: "Blair, Jim (MLIM)" <Blairji@exchange.ML.com>
>Subject: Water
>
>My favorite part of "Water" is when Roger makes fun of the way we say it in
>Philadelphia:  "wudder".

Funny, I've always like that too.  And I'm not even from Phili!
"wudiva"

Kevin in VT
(hmmmm, I'm thirsty)