location is everything

I've just received and been digesting the lone boot from the 2K tour that I
really wanted - MSG 10/4/00.  I did not expect my memory of it to be so
accurate :-)

The band was *very* loose and Pete's playing was unusually spare that night.
By spare I mean frugal.  He was playing less notes and allowing more space
for silence.  I think that's what made the "Naked Eye" solos so moving for
me.  (I had multiple Whogasms that night).  Much like a great blues player
(Buddy Guy for example) will do on a slow burner where he teases and paces
the solos to build the tension and draw the drama out of the song.

The other great highlight from that night was in TKAA, where Pete used the
*full* new lyrics that he posted in his diary.  The back and forth
harmonizing went on and on - so much so that Roger's voice was shot for the
final two numbers.

A fantastic night.  Thanks to The Who community for preserving and
distributing it!

Jeff