Re: Amazon.com (more)

At 08:03 19-4-01 +0000, you wrote:
>I'm still hanging around Amazon.com.  Found the number uno in the music
>ratings.  It's Eva Cassidy:
>
>http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000006AKD/o/qid=987629969/sr=2-1/107-1661852-7450900
>
>Springsteen is running at number 4 (at 3 earlier in the day).  Apparently
>these ratings change in real time.  Tonight WHO'S NEXT was at 481, and
>LIVE AT LEEDS at 426.

I recall and article about these figures when someone had discovered that
Hitler's book "Mein Kampf" was on #1 on sales at Amazon. Those numbers
don't really say much about the popularity of the book. It's just that
people often do not go into a bookstore and order a copy of "Mein Kampf".
There are dozens of other places to shop... And hey, maybe that Eva Cassidy
can't be found there, but only at Amazon...

Anyway, I hate polls and lists like that, they say more about the people
that buy there or take a part in a poll then about the artists themselves...

Cheers,

Bjørn Ciggaar
http://www.warande.net/~ciggaar

"You're all fucking stupid!"