trouble with napster please help

Hello Group,
    I have recently brought a AST computer and have moved all my mp3 files
from my MAC to the PC.  I have been using Verizon DSL service and have had no
problems on my MAC.  I have a lot of good Who stuff.
    However since I have switched to the PC I have had lots of problems.  It
seems that once I have signed on to napster after a certain amount of time
either Verizon or Napster stops.  I get a message that says somethings about
an address problem.  Or something like that.  I forget the exact message.
    I will be the first to admit that I do not know much about the PC. I just
installed the programs and  started running them.
    Does anyone out there have any ideas?  Am I doing something wrong?  Or
does this happen more with PC's than Mac's?
    Any ideas and help would be appreciated.  Of course all are invited to
get music from me once I get up to speed.
Thanks
Jeffm