RE: A Bargain

>From: Alan McKendree <amck@thenetdr.com>
>Subject: More Abbey Road dates

Hawaii !!!??  Oh boy, John's psyched!

Another Pete Intro:
As I listen to various boots from tour 2000, I find myself almost more
interested in the dialog between songs (almost).
I particularly love it when I hear Pete wax on and confirm thoughts that
I've had, and even posted on this list.

The following is the introduction to Bargain from Cleveland (end of track
6):

"The next track is a .......called a Bargain, It's apparently about, about
a........maybe about a love affair.
But uh, it's also really about the uh,.....the love affair between The Who
and their audience that began way back in the late 60's and uh.......<loud
applause, Pete raises voice>......
We started to feel something very special happening at our shows, and it
happened with allot of other bands as well.
It was kind of a late 60's thing, and some of it may have been fueled by all
kinds of drugs, In my case it was just booze, but uh... <loud applause>...
You know, it was a good time for music. And what actually started to happen
was we started to feel that what was happening at concerts was just a little
bit more.....than music. It was kind of a feeling of congregation.?  And I
had only ever felt that at uh,... big sports events and things like that in
the past, or maybe in a.....chapel or whatever.  And uh,.....this song is
about the fact that when you came to a concert..........expecting to just
get music, you got a bargain <strums guitar>  'cause you got something else
as well."  PT

So there you have it.  Congregation, Sports Events, Religion, music, all
wrapped up in one quick introduction.  Discovered by me last night for the
first time as I jammed out to Cleveland while framing my basement.
BTW, I am now firmly in the camp of thought (Same camp my friend Stu was in
right after the show) that of the four shows we saw last summer (Boston,
Nissan, Camden, and Cleveland), Cleveland was the strongest.  No doubt in my
mind (although 7th row, and Pete's attitude made Camden unforgettable).  For
those of you who didn't take advantage of the Cleveland Tree that happened a
while back, run, don't walk.  It's an incredibly driving and flawless show.
I stopped numerous times to air-windmill with my Sheet-rocking square.  And,
I played it loud baby.
Anyone know where to get ear plugs for dogs?????????

Kevin in VT