Re: Amazon.com sales rankings

This was so interesting that I thought I'd fiddle with it a little more.
Someone emailed to ask what the sales rankings were.  I may find an
explanation eventually, but I didn't see it right off, so I'll have a guess.
  Amazon.com must have inventory-tracking software that lets management know
which products are selling best, and they've posted it.  Looks like maybe
books, movies and music are ranked separately, something like the music
chart system.  Lower numbers would be closer to the top, or number one
position.  That said:

For some reason the search engine didn't bring up MCVICAR last night, which
turns out to be Roger's best selling cd.  No listing for ROCKS IN THE HEAD.

13588     McVicar

>20,284.  Martyrs And Madmen: The Best Of Roger Daltrey
>27,753.  Under A Raging Moon
>39,068.  Ride a Rock Horse
>44,925.  Daltrey
>58,065.  One of the Boys
>113,784. Can't Wait to See the Movie

Here are Roger's DVD movies:

1828     Like It Is
2427     Leprechauns
5141     An Irish Evening
5386     Lightning Jack
5516     Chasing Destiny
7152     British Rock Symphony

Same in VHS:

2324     Leprechauns
2623     The Wizard of Oz
4705     Like It Is
5573     An Irish Evening
7332     The Legacy
8077     Lisztomania
11652    If Looks Could Kill
17823    Lightning Jack
28423    Vampirella
30386    Pirate Tales
37847    British Rock Symphony
57280    Buddy's Song (recent issue at $92)
60499    Cold Justice
64774    Forgotten Prisoners (recent issue at $79.98)
68853    Chasing Destiny (recent issue at $89.95)

keets