Re: possible Moon movie story lines

>From: Jeff House <jjthandmeh@juno.com>
>Subject: Moon movie models
>
>keets  "What are some other possible models we could wish for?"
>
>My preferred models (this week) are the work of Paul Thomas Anderson.  Who
>wrote, produced and directed two of the best character studies of the last
>few years:  "Boogie Nights" and "Magnolia".

He might be a good one (Boogie Nights was good, Magnolia was a good try). I
really don't know how much of a character study a Keith Moon movie would be.
As far as depth goes, we really don't know of much he had, and it might not
be a satisfying story to explore Moon the man. And as far as
accomplishments, he wasn't Beethoven or the Marquis de Sade, his claim to
fame was being a rock drummer, plain and simple.

I think what might be a cool idea is sort of paralleling Moon's destruction
with the "destruction" or evolution of rock and roll. Moon was a rock
monster who thrived on big rock, a big sound. As rock grew more outrageous
(moving to stadiums, the excesses of rock icons) so did he. In fact, he is
the perfect personification (if that's the right word) of the rock and roll
phenomenon. Then punk and disco began gaining popularity, sort of making his
kind a dinosaur.

Just a thought.

-gern