Re: joke,swing

At 15:53 -0700 4/3/2001, The Who Mailing List Digest wrote:
>Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2001 04:32:32 -0000
>From: "L. Bird" <pkeets@hotmail.com>
>
>>are into it is a bit amazing to me, as music from 1948, 8 years before _I_
>>was born, and earlier, holds almost no interest for me.
>
>That would be swing, right?  I think there are a number of teens who are
>into that these days, too.

Swing, and its bastard cousin "lounge".  Swing I can take as a nostalgia
thing (e.g., "String of Pearls"), but lounge repulses me as strongly as
disco did.  Luckily the fad seems to have worn off -- perhaps its followers
realized how vapid it was.

And thanks to Brian for the Our Lady Peace recommendation.

>Isn't Dave Matthews' stuff based on swing?

If you say so.  All I know is that until someone teaches him not to sing
through his nose, I can't listen to him.

ObWho:  I listened to Tommy in its entirety today (the original CD release)
on a good system while driving around and just thought about how amazing it
was to hear it for the first time.

Cheers,

Alan
Dell is the one-eyed man in the kingdom of the blind.  Apple sees in 3-D.