classic rock

"I know that those (of all ages) who read this list are probably more
plugged into classic rock than the general populace."

Yeah we're the smart ones. :)

"I think it's great that the music that's meant so much to me also offers me
a continuity with younger people."

It's also cool for me to be able to talk to older people about music. I find
that most adults are shocked that I even know who Roger Daltry is, but they
also are happy that the music they loved growing up is still popular. I
guess it's that whole "carrying the torch" thing.

"(Creed comes to mind...they seem to have the right attitude.  Remains to be
seen whether they can keep it up."

NO. Creed used to be alright, but now they are just unoriginal and
overplayed. If I hear "Higher" or "With Arms Right Open" one more time I
will seriously pull an Elvis on my radio.

"If you're 17, then the "golden age" of rock ended about 8 years before you
were born, with the birth of disco and its counterpoint, punk.  That you are
into it is a bit amazing to me, as music from 1948, 8 years before _I_ was
born, and earlier, holds almost no interest for me."

Well I think music from 1948 hold no interest for anyone. :) But that whole
"golden age" was the greatest period of rock music this whole century. So
why wouldn't I want to listen to it? Classic music is classic music, and we
certainly don't have much of it today. I guess I was just born in the wrong
decade...the 80s...ewww. :)

Nicole