Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V8 #85

In a message dated 3/31/01 9:56:45 AM, TheWho-Digest-Owner@igtc.com writes:

<< This is fairly typical with creativity.  It generally drops off with age,
maybe because everything has been said and repeated too many times in too
many way.  It might also be that physical changes in the brain affect it.
When Pete was young, he wrote songs naturally, but as he got older he had to
find ways of constructing them instead.  But those flashes of inspiration
still come, I'll bet.  I think we saw some this summer, and it was the crowd
that fed them--not drugs. >>

I am at a point in one of my master's classes that talks about brain activity
in learning and creativity.  It has nothing to do with age..unless maybe when
you're in your 80's and 90's.  But even then, It has more to do with not
using or exercising your brain.  Many painters as well as writers do great
work in their later years!
Deni