Who, no laughing matter

Kevin O (of VT) said:  "I don't know Jeff.  I've gone into these shows with
a very open and analytical mind."

Does that mean drunk, stoned and sarcastic?  Sounds like me.

Kevin said:  "The Who are Back!"

Amen!

Kevin said:  "Even good 'ol Richard (WF) enjoyed the shows!  *That's* saying
something (I think). :-)"

I can sleep soundly tonight.

Now really Kevin,  I understand that some folks take hype and preconceptions
and turn them into cyincal expectations.  My point was that many people
(probably myself included) are going to walk into the show expecting great
things and will go to some lengths to turn those expectations into their
perception/recollection.

I think Pete touched on that a bit in one of his middle leg diary entries.
Something about how audiences will some times call a sloppy performance
"loose".

This is the flipside of the oldtimer that feels that since the current Who
shows cannot ever measure up to the glory days of Moonie, their
perception/recollection will always include some sort of put down for not
measuring up to the standards of their nostalgic pre-conception.

I think I could make my point much better in person with hand gestures :>)

I second Kevin's assertion that keets is withholding information from the
list.  Please give us more!

Enjoy the shows - whatever your preconceptions.

Jeff