Re: Fang

>There was always a sense of "what are we doing here and what does Pete want
>from us" about that chatroom that I never quite got.  Perhaps he was
>looking for something from his contributors that we never supplied it,
>whatever it was.  Maybe Matt complained it was taking up too much of his
>time so Pete pulled the plug.
Pity they never asked me.  I saw thunderclouds rolling in from day one.

Yeah, me too, and you'd have thought that they'd have predicted the
problems.  Maybe they thought everybody would behave better on Pete's site
than on the various lists.

I think that what Pete wanted was direct feedback.  He's come right out and
asked for it recently, like for the mp3s he posted.  But still he got trash,
apparently, as he commented on how little actual feedback he got on the
request--folks rushed to send loving testimonials to his staff instead.

Besides the volume of testimonials, I think the fact that Pete likely read
the bulletin board discouraged some people from posting honest opinions, and
the Fang fiasco didn't encourage them to open up.  It ended up being a
closed, inbred group, and not as useful to Pete as the time expenditure
warranted.

keets