Re: Fang

>keets, please correct me if I am wrong.
>- Fang was blamed by Pete for ruining his attempt to have a sanctioned chat
>room on his site.
>- Fang has been trying to get the cash together to buy the Talmy masters.
>
>Personally, I like to follow his expoits to remind me that there are
>folks out there who are more obnoxiously obsessessed than I.

As far as I know, these are correct.  Fang has been quite low key just
lately, though.

I'm still wondering about the chatroom's demise.  It was actually a bulletin
board where fans could post messages, rather than a server list like this
one or an open chat room.  The bulletin board continued for quite a while
after Fang was ejected, but either that incident had soured Pete on the
idea, or he wasn't getting the open interchange of ideas from it that he had
hoped.  I expect it was quite time consuming for his staff to monitor and
difficult to sort important inquiries out from the volume of testimonials
and mindless chitchat.  There could have been something that went on behind
the scenes, too.  Whatever, it was closed quite suddenly.

keets