Re: meeting them "CAGNEYS 89'"

>  when i met him last year the first thing that struck
>>  me was the smell of
>>  "fisherman's friends" off him...!
>>  he mustve had a mouthful of them - it was during
>>  rehearsals so obviously for
>>  clearing the throat and helping breathing in cold
>>  weather..
>>
>>  JC
>
>Am I the only one who hasn't met a member of the Who?
>And to everyone who has,how do you approach them? If I
>saw either one of them I'd be to nervous and star
>struck to move let alone speak! Knowing me I'd
>probably hide behind someone else! :) Or walk up to
>them and just stare!
>       -jess in jersey
>

>I haven't met them either--and i feel the same way.  I probably would just
>make a fool out of myself.
>marino

I met them in 89' @ a bar called "Cagneys" in Washington D.C.. It was
a party by invite only through "THE RELAY". (If anyone else remembers
that rag)
Diane Hatz ran the news letter and organized the gathering through
John. In short, only John was supposed to come, but everyone showed
up. I mean everyone. (i.e. Pete, Roger, John, "Rabbit", Simon
Philips, backup singers, horn section, road crew, etc.) The place was
packed, It was amazing! They even raffled off a parka "Jimmy" wore in
Quad. movie. Pete donated it for the evening festivities... (no, I
did'nt win it.)

Roger mingled with everyone, but Pete and John both pretty much
stayed in a roped off section.
But all were fully approachable. "Pete was very cool, I was very
surprised. I figured him to be short with the answers. But he was
very willing to speak with anyone who wanted to. They signed stuff
all night. Roger was not too into signing for some reason. But you
have all these questions to ask, but once you're there with them with
all the time in the world to ask, you blank...  weird.

I got a lot of questions off but I forgot some I really wanted to ask.

It was a once-in-a-lifetime kind of thing. Fortunately, Diane H. had
someone taking pictures and video the whole evening.  For a small
fee, like 20.00 she sent  me a copy of the video and a few snap shots.
The video is excellent, got the whole evening. It had me @ the tail
end of getting Pete to sign a photo for me.

Let me know if anyone else attended that evening.

WHO!