Fwd: Empty Glass as a metaphor

actually, me being a songwriter, i do feel that the "empty glass" IS a
metaphor.

my life's a mess I wait for you to pass (his life is a mess, he's waiting for
something or someone)
    I stand here at the bar I hold an empty glass  ..... (the empty glass is
his life at this time, empty)
   Don't worry smile and dance you just can't work life out (saying what
others are telling him, "don't worry, smile and dance" while he just can't
work his life out)
   Don't let dull moods entrace you, take the wine and shout" (going back to
the last line, people are telling him to not let negativity take hold of him,
take the wine and celebrate. the wine can mean "full life" or a simple
literal glass of wine, something to celebrate with.) get a poetic mind, will
ya?

-- BEGIN included message

>>"Pete was also moving away from the who," look as his solo album,
>>empty glass. It didn't refer to booze but to his philosophy.

Ahh yes...

  "My life's a mess I wait for you to pass
    I stand here at the bar I hold an empty glass  .....
   Don't worry smile and dance you just can't work life out
   Don't let dull moods entrace you, take the wine and shout"

booze & philosophy if ya ask me.
                            ...Pete S.

-- END included message