The Wallflowers

The Wallflowers will attract few fans to the MSG shows.  Any tickets that are
returned (SFX has not yet announced a refund policy) will be gobbled up by
Who fans.  Afterall, what Wallflowers fan will be willing to shell out that
kind of money to see the band open up for the Who?  This is not to say that
the Wallflowers are not worth seeing.  They are!  I saw them a couple years
ago and they were quite good. Very professional.  Jacob Dylan has what few
young lead singers do -- charisma.  Although he did seem a bit insecure,
asking the audience repeatedly "how are we doing?"  The crowd at this small
outdoor setting in upstate New York was a mixed bag.  Baby boomers with
children in tow along with teeenagers and 20 somethings.  All things
considered, SFX did OK by us selecting the Wallflowers. They've got a new
album due out next month and will surely have enough material to go for an
hour or more. I think you will be pleasantly surprised.  Still a bit
disappointed we will not get to see PT and Page share the same stage.
Probably will never happen.

David in NYC