Re: scoop albums

> Can someone give me some info on the scoop albums please. are they like
> the odds and sods album or is it just pete townsend and no who? thanks.

The SCOOP albums are a bit "lighter" than WHO albums but that's not to
say they're weak.  In fact, both are quite good.  They're each composed
of about 50% WHO demos & 50% unreleased tracks.

I personally love Pete demos.  I don't see them as incomplete WHO songs at
all.
For me, they're just as entertaining & interesting as the WHO versions
(usually).
But even these are quite varied; some may consist of Pete & an acoustic
guitar only,
while others might be multi-tracked & slick-sounding.  Regardless, they're
mostly
fascinating.

The unrelesed non-WHO stuff is more questionable yet even among these there
are some real gems.  But be forewarned: the SCOOPS are just that....scoops.
It's quite the variation.  A poorly recorded demo from the 60's might be
followed
by a lavish, mood piece with a synthesized string section!  The diversity is
an
asset though, not an annoyance.

On a related note, I still haven't purchased the remastered SCOOPS.  I'll
probably
do that when The WHO are over in Europe.  Right now this current U.S. tour
is
commanding both my attention & my credit card!

- SCHRADE in Akron