WHO IN MANCHESTER HARDROCK ETC...

> Re:  Small Faces and the Who connections:  Keith Moon's ex-wife Kim
> married the keyboardist of the Small Faces - Ian McLagan.
>
> - -Jill-

Cheers Jill, well spotted.
 KENNEY QUESTION...

>I think they closed up shop.  Not much future in a band that doesn't tour
> and doesn't make albums.
>
> keets

> In 89 roger wouldn't go out if kenney was there and Pete wouldn't go out
> unless they had a big band. Rog didn't like kenney's drumming style...

> exactly...roger said kenny wasnt a who drummer....hes has nothing against
> him..they are good friends.....
                                    SCOTT

I realise the band shut up shop for a bit but Kenney was actually signed
up as a 100% Who member which gave all members 25% each so when the Who
came back without Kenney I was quite surprised especially as he was an
official member - oh well, just curious.
PETE/RONNIE LANE'S ROUGH MIX

> Rough mix is by far Pete's best effort without help from the Who. Albiet,
> Ronnie Lane contributes equally to the great music on this disc.  The album
> was recorded in early 1977, I only wish Pete would have used this material
> for a Who album since this was during the time of Kieth Moon's downard spiral
> in LA.

I went to the new Hard Rock Cafe today in Manchester which is superb,
wall to wall 60's memorabilia which included a signed guitar from Pete
Townsend and one of Keith Moons jackets - ace! I also managed to get a
rare copy of the american magazine called 'creem' from 1977 which has a
great review of the Rough Mix album, i'll re-print it over this list if
anybody wants me too? let me know. I also bough the rough mix album
today and the Who's 'odds and sods' which I am listening to at the
moment and I think its brilliant, nice alternate takes, remixes etc.

KEEP THE FAITH, STAY COOL......................MICK T