ALWAYS ON TOP Boot

I picked up another CD version of the 6/12/76 Swansea concert.
It's called ALWAYS ON TOP (referring to Keith Moon's stage
pronouncement that "....as always....The WHO are on top of every-
thing").  Songs include:

    Amazing Journey / Sparks
    Acid Queen
    Fiddle About
    Pinball Wizard
    I'm Free
    Baba O'Riley
    Squeeze Box
    Behind Blue Eyes
    Dreaming From the Waist
    My Wife
    Summertime Blues
    My Generation
        - Join Together
        - My Generation Blues
        - Jam
Won't Get Fooled Again

This CD is in stereo & seems to be pretty similar to WHO PUT
THE BETTER BOOT IN 1976, except *that* CD has much nicer
packaging.

Some of these songs have been released on the 30 YEARS box
set & the WHO BY NUMBERS reissue & it seems that those
better-mastered versions are used here (as well as on WHO PUT
THE BETTER BOOT IN 1976).  Consequently, those songs sound
much louder, brighter, & frankly better than the rest.  Wouldn't it be
great to have a cleaned up version of this whole show?!

Wonder what happened to the very beginning of "My Generation."
It's always missing.

This CD is also similar to WHO PUT THE BETTER BOOT.... in
that "Won't Get Fooled Again" starts, stops, & then restarts.

I suspect most of you have heard these songs before but for those
who haven't this would be a good boot to pick up.  Wonderful sound
& an even better performance, catching The WHO in 1976 when
some claim the band was as close as it ever got to recapturing the
live glory of 1969 & 1970.

Final Grade: B+

- SCHRADE in Akron