New Kids; Daltrey's voice; Memories; Imagine a cynic; jumping with Britney

> The first part, yes, but then he got to building on what they'd done at
> Albequerque.  When it starts accumulating like that, it seems like
they're
> working on something.

Keets:

See, I'm working with too little info. All I've heard along these lines is
the Bridge School show, and there he seems to be talking about the school's
kids. "Your kids are alright, my kids are alright..."

> My impression is that it's not hard to for a 56-year-old to sing Rock
> & Roll, but it's harder for a 56-year-old to sing like Roger does on

Jim:

Yeah, that's a given...but my big fear has always been that the guys
embarrass themselves (how very British of me). Townshend and Entwistle
clearly are not, but Daltrey's borderline.

> unnoticeable for a studio recording. So let's discuss this again in a
> year when we all have the new Who album.  :^)

I'm sure we will.

> But slightly more seriously, are you suggesting this for the stage or
> studio or both? So far, I'm not convinced this is a viable solution.

I'm thinking stage at least, maybe studio. You can't really judge until
you've heard, so I guess I should be the band's FIRST choice for producer.

> BTW, can you give examples of Kinks songs that used this device and
> others that didn't?

Did: Lazy Old Sun, Sunny Afternoon...let's just say most of what's on Face
To Face and Something Else.
Didn't: Most of the rest of their career.

> Its great to get along.

Jeff:

But it's not very Who fan-like.

> Not me, I was happy to soak the standards (even better than the last time
> my surprise) in again. I just had to remind myself that *right in front
of
> me* is the greatest band in the world and they are playing LIVE.

Mike:

Oh, I tried. But I'd get distracted during these moments. "Where is that
one hitter?" "That's an odd shirt Pete's wearing." "Nice setup here in
Philips; it's a lot like North Charleston." "Damn, I wish Keets had come to
the preshow." "I hope someone gets a copy of the radio show."
And so on.

> fair to know you're being a good sport about it. 'Magic Bus' was the
bathroom
> break for the most. I stuck on. :)

Well, it's a good thing I didn't have to go to the bathroom because they
didn't play it in Atlanta.

> Hmmm.  Guess my memory is going fast.

Keets:

Office Depot has it on sale this week.

> God bless Bobby.  Now there's a real Who fan!

Brian:

I guess I just fall short.

> I was surprised when I read the comments below -
> "waited through Baba & Pinball" - am I missing something here??

Jeremy:

Maybe. I've seen the band do these songs live for 25 years, and heard more
than enough of them live on bootlegs.

> are they performed in a dreadful way on this tour?

Not at all, they nailed them. But at this point I'd have rather had Cooks
County or So Sad or The Good's Gone or...or...you see what I mean.

> so how can 2 of the best songs of all time performed by the guys who did
> them be a dull point???

Well, I am rather jaded. You are free not to be and enjoy those songs to
their fullest. I hope you do. I wish I could, but I'm a cynical old geezer.

> is keets a chick?

You mean a bird?

> I alternate.  I'm a chick one day and a guy the next.  You know what
Roger
> says about the Internet, right?

Keets:

No, but I know what Howard Stern said about the Internet.

> Hey I will jump with you than listen to Britney "look at how big my tits
are
> now" Spears

Scott:

Yeah, but what if you could jump with Britney?

"I mean, there needs to be a wholesale effort against racial
                        profiling, which is illiterate children."
                                          George W. Bush, boy genius

                    Cheers                  ML