The Process

> the recent studio cuts he's done.  I don't know if this has to do with
> processing, as Mark suggests

Keets:

Let me be clear about this. I don't think he should use a processor to
improve his voice, but instead one to change his voice. For those of you
not familiar with the Ray Davies material I mentioned, it was like a
megaphone-type sound. And I'm not suggesting that exact type of processing
either, just something.

> I, too, can live with a mono-type live mix of The WHO.  What I can't live
with,

Scott:

It's not mono, but the guitar and bass are in the middle. Which is unusual.

> & get quite anal about, is when I get a boot & Pete's on the left & OX is
on
> the right.  That'll send me to the line-in / line-out wires immediately.

Ha ha! Yes, you get that all of the time with bootlegs. Strangely enough,
Zeppelin's correct configuration live is the guitar on the left and bass on
the right. I always have to remind myself about that, as many Who boots are
reversed as there are.

> of the MP3's sounds shaky.  Like keets said, it's not *bad* but still,
you notice.

I hate like Hell to say this, but it sounds like an old man.

> critics on this tour.  Little Roger's doing fine!  Ha ha ha ha!  Ha ha ha
ha!  Little
> Roger's doing fine!

He's still better than Plant was in 1980.

"I mean, there needs to be a wholesale effort against racial
                        profiling, which is illiterate children."
                                          George W. Bush, boy genius

                    Cheers                  ML