No Subject

FOX said:  "Ever seen Eddie on full throttle? If not, you should, you wont
believe your eyes and ears on what this man does with a guitar. Even John
seems slow compared to him"

Never had the pleasure.  My point was that Pete has established enough of
his own style that he stands on his own.  <Pete=apples, Eddie=oranges>  He
is recreating his sound on this tour.  Did you hear Eddie V in any of Pete's
stuff this year?  I did.

Has Pete been stealing licks from Van Halen?  Yup.  VH stole from Beck, Beck
stole from Buddy Guy, Buddy stole from Jimmy Rodgers,  Jimmy stole from
T-Bone Walker, T-Bone stole from Robert Johnson, Johnson stole from players
who were never recorded.   Nothin' wrong with stealing if you do it from the
best and twist it a bit to make it your own.  Of course, it doesn't hurt to
add a little technology along the way.

BTW I think Pete has been stealing from Clapton a bit on this tour as well.
You talk about a great thief - EC is one of the best!  Hasn't VH said that
he worships Clapton?  Its hard to hear EC anywhere in his playing now.  I
guess he buried those licks in his own style and personality.

I am not guitar player.  I just know what I hear, and lately I am hering a
new Pete.  I like it!

Jeff