Quad on DVD; Glittering boy; Boot dates; the Blank generation

> Bah.  I'd buy it in a minute, I ain't scared of no Gary Glitter (OR
> his convictions).

Alan:

Me too neither. Although I'd be at war with myself over having Phil Daniels
and a lessor performance, or the videotaped guy and the better performance.
Life ain't easy for a Who fan...(sigh)...

> fixed, and unless he gets some hormonal intervention, he can't change it.

Keets:

I believe sexual orientation, as being attracted to either male or female,
is fixed. But I do not believe being attracted to children (or animals,
etc.) is the same thing. It seems to be more an obsession at that point.
And that's where it crosses the line.
Not that I believe in anyone being persecuted.

> Neighbor (with smirk):  Did The Who play in Bermuda?

Jeff:

He gave you a GW smirk, did he? You should have come back with something
like "Look, I understand how hard it is for someone who hasn't seen the
light to understand, but I hope for your eventual redemption and will be
happy to provide all of the Who music it takes."

> Question for the group:  How does your obsession play in the non-Who
world?

It's different for me, since I'm in a music store named after one of their
songs and there are the occasional poster and photo here and there. And
often their music playing too. So I get the people saying things like "The
Who are ALRIGHT, but they're not as good as the Deftones." Senator, the
Deftones are no Who. I know The Who, and the Deftones are not in the same
league.
So IOW I wear my fandom like a badge, what says "I've got a new job, and
I'm newly born..."

> The bootleggers do party too much. :)

Mike:

Thanks, yes I believe you're right. They do party a lot, and don't know the
music.

> Not very well.  I've got a lot of patronizing looks and sudden doubts
about my
> intelligence.

Brian:

Now I could understand that if you had said Kansas...

> (I could read the 40 digests sitting in my mailbox, but I'm too lazy) :)
so

Nicole:

And I could give you the lowdown of the 40 digests, but I'm too busy so...

> i agree i rather trade but if someone say i dont have anything to trade
will
> you sell?  i will....

Scott:

What I usually do is trade for blanks. That way, you're not selling and you
get something you'll need too. Everybody wins.

"I think that people need to be held responsible for the actions they take
in life."
         George W. Bush, cocaine user and adulterer by his own admission.

                    Cheers                  ML